Why The Universe Keeps Giving You What You DON’T Want

Sometimes the universe delivers EXACTLY what we ask for, in a way that feels like exactly what we don’t want.

This can make it very difficult to see and feel that you’re being supported. I promise, you’re ALWAYS being supported. When it feels like things aren’t going your way, you have to stop and be honest about where you’re blocking the flow. Oftentimes, these blocks come from the fact that we don’t realize we’re being given exactly what we asked for… exactly the way we need it. The universe (or god, goddess… whatever suits you) isn’t a magic genie where your wish is it’s command. It will 100% support you in creating a life you love by giving you the challenges, experiences, tools, skills and relationships you NEED in order to get to where you want to go. Sure, it would feel better if you just got the awesome job, right? If prince charming just showed up at your door already?

Probably… but think about this:

You might not be the person you need to be in order to really thrive in that job, relationship or experience without going through something else FIRST.

UniverseGifts

If you’re crystal clear about what you want and taking constant action towards making it happen, but the universe consistently presents you with something you’re resisting, it’s time to lean into it and uncover what it is you need to learn, gain, experience or work through. Sometimes the things you’re resisting are a necessary part of the journey and you’re not going to get there if you continue to push back. Sometimes opportunities and connections we need aren’t where we think we’re going to find them. Sometimes we need to be in challenging relationships or jobs to get clearer on what we do want, learn about ourselves and grow in ways we never would otherwise.

1) Look for the lesson or the gift.

If you’re being presented with a challenge or something other than what you wanted, learn to look for the lesson or the gift. What can be learned or gained from the situation or relationship? Where do you need to grow? How can you be of better service, show up more fully, or learn to be more compassionate? What tools are you gaining? There is ALWAYS a lesson and gift in every situation. Find it.

2) Stop resisting and start moving with the flow.

Releasing your resistance doesn’t mean that you can’t continue going after what you want, it means that you’re allowing life to unfold as it should. It also means learning how to show up to each and every moment fully present. Doing and being the best that you can in every situation, regardless of whether it’s a easy or challenging. How you do anything is how you do everything, so learn to show up full and give your all to every person and situation you find yourself in.

3) Stay positive.

Mindset is everything my friend, you have to stay positive. Yes, feel what you’re feeling and if you need to fall apart or get upset, that’s completely okay. Process whatever you’re feeling, but don’t let it consume your spirit and drag you down.

I’d love to hear from you!

Have you ever experienced this in your life? What was the situation and what did you end up learning or gaining that helped you get to exactly where you wanted to be? Maybe you’re experiencing this right now… if so, leave a comment below sharing where you’re at and what’s showing up in your life that you’re resisting.

This entry was posted in Find Your Why, Passion

7 Responses to Why The Universe Keeps Giving You What You DON’T Want

1. Elizabeth says:

Well boy this hit the nail on the head. Recently I have been praying for the right guy to come into my life. So I threw the question to the Universe. BAMB! this guy showed up with two hours. We started speaking and he asked if I had anyone, I indicate I did to brush him. But when I returned home I placed a question to the Lord, something to the effect I this is the guy give me a sign I did this on two consecutive occasions and it unfolded how I ask. But hear this I got the guy’s number of his work place. So I called him, he invited me to come see him at his work place (that is where we first meet). When I did reached we talked a bit. So I asked him question like if he is married or seeing someone because if that was the case I will leave well enough alone. He told me he is married but separated or another thing he ALWAYS have on this shades so I asked him to remove it so I can see his face properly but he said he has a heart condition and he will not like to at this time because how I may react (that did sit well with me) and also he has net like socking on his head. So my question is how can God give me these signs and this guy appears to be SHADY!!! Please help to understand this.

Confuse

2. Janet says:

I often wonder why my now ex, came into my life for 6 months..3 were great, then he changes. All those promises to be everything that he wasn’t after the first 3 months.
    It sucks when someone presents himself as a certain way and then can’t follow through.
    I’m still trying to figure out exactly why he came into my life.
    Why did I have to Be involved in his situation that he’s trying to deal with?
    why did i have to get hurt for it? I’m not sure what I learned except it probably just reinforced that relationships don’t seem to ever work out. And now with painful matter who breaks up with who.

3. Mimi says:

I have asked God to help me reach my goal of graduate school in 2013. I now found out I got accepted to an ivy league school with a $30,000 fellowship. I was so happy, until I was told in order to accept this opportunity I had to quit my job. God gave me exactly what I asked for with an amazing twist. Not only that, but still will have to take out loans and know that I won’t be making any income for about 2 years. Now, I am at a point of having to make a decision. 1. If accepted, go to a more affordable school and keep my job. 2. Quit my job and take this opportunity, risking not having a job and incurring much debt on high interest rate school loans 3. Keep my job, say no to the fellowship and find a way to pay, most likely it being expensive school loans. I am scared to make the wrong decision, and never thought that by getting EXACTLY all I asked for I would be in a situation of much anxiety and indecisiveness. What if I make the wrong decision? Is there a right or wrong decision? I just hope God helps me and gives me a sign or SOMETHING to lead me down the best path!

4. f varga says:

i am 49 year old man that has believed in the universe taking care of me for 25 years. and when i first found out about these most amazing power my life changed for the bests. but for what ever reason i keep falling out and having large setbacks in life. not sure what i am doing to lose the vision.

5. Maryam says:

I have been asking why things were going badly when I had made a big, positive order with the Universe. BIG HUGE GOALS. At one point things actually seemed to get worse, but the more love I have put into the negative, the more the negative transforms. And finally my question as to why things were going in the opposite direction have been answered with this great article. So, thank you. I have seen it before where people have said that the Universe gives us the experiences we need for the evolution of our consciousness, but until I saw this article it was never entirely clear. You have answered a question that is nearly 3-4 years old and I have been asking almost daily.

6. Paula says:

Steps 2 and 3 are very tough for me. Particularly 3
    When the fear comes, when anything goes “wrong” my mind creates this horror stories of destitution and starvation. I am stopping , breathing and saying. That is not true, The universe supports me.
    I am saying it, and willing to fully embrace it.
    Any tips to help that process?

7. Paul says:

There isn’t anything to resist. That’s the point, There’s only one of us here.
    Perceive it from the standpoint of a game, for that is exactly what the one is doing. The nothing knows it’s everything and plays the game so it can remember who it is and to feel Love.
    You cannot resist something that’s not there and never has been,.
    The only being there is, is Love, it’s all that’s here and ever will be here,
    Just Love. Be aware of this and perceive it and know that’s what you are and will ever be.