Where Are You Blocking The Flow?

You always have a say in what happens in your life, but sometimes, it’s better to move with the natural flow of things. Oftentimes, we create blocks that stop abundance, opportunity and growth from happening.

When you’re living in the flow, things happen with ease. Synchronicity is all around you. Doors open, the right people appear and things fall into place. Just like that.

But what happens when you step back or move in another direction out of fear or avoidance of all things uncomfortable? Blocks happen.

Maybe the universe presented you with an amazing opportunity, but you convinced yourself it wasn’t the right time because of money/time/family/whatever else. Then suddenly, things stopped flowing… life felt like more of a struggle, arguments broke out and you started to feel unfulfilled, stressed out or like the world’s out to get you.

WhereAreYouBlocking

You have to learn how to discern between fear/avoidance and what’s really, truly not right for you.

It comes down to three things.

1) You HAVE to connect with your intuition.

Your intuition is always speaking to you, but if you can’t hear it loud and clear, you’re going to miss the signs that this IS or ISN’T right for you. If an opportunity, relationship or next step is right and in line with the natural flow of things, your intuition will know… even if the rest of you is completely freaked out by the idea.

Make space to connect with your intuition. Learn to trust yourself even with your head tries to talk you in the other direction. Intuition is boss, always.

So how do you connect with your intuition? You get out of your head and into your body. What do you FEEL in response to the situation at hand? Expansion, energy, openness? That’s a YES. Tightness, resistance and tension? That’s a NO.

Your body knows. Learn to listen.

2) You must learn to get comfortable being uncomfortable.

Growth, amazing experiences, authentic connection and big moves are scary. No arguments there… but fear doesn’t mean it’s a no. Fear is simply excitement without the breath. Breathe into it and feel the amazing possibilities of what’s next for you.

You have to get uncomfortable to take yourself and your life to the next level. It’s all about stretching, growing, changing and stepping up to a new level. It’s not going to be easy and you have to understand that. If you can’t get uncomfortable, you’re going to block the flow and stay stuck exactly where you are.

Sure, where you are might be just fine… but it’s comfortable. It doesn’t require you to stretch and grow as a human being. It doesn’t help you build an amazing life around your passions, with people you deeply connect with and having amazing experiences.

Stop letting fear hold you back. Take a breath and make the leap.

3) You have to learn to trust the flow.

Sometimes changes don’t make sense or don’t look exactly how we’d like them to… that doesn’t mean it’s not what’s supposed to happen next for us. Opportunity and growth doesn’t wait around until you’re ready or it fits with your present life plan. It happens when it’s supposed to happen.

If something happens and you know in your bones that it’s what’s right, whether your head and heart are happy about it, you have to trust that. Release the relationships that are no longer serving you… move from the city you love when it’s time… take the job opportunity that’s going to throw everything you planned “off track.”

When you step back or make another decision out of fear or avoidance, you set yourself up to stay stuck for years. You may be content now… but once the flow’s been blocked  things start to unravel from within. Learn to trust.

Take Action Now!

Where are you blocking the flow in your life? Where have you in the past? What changes and decisions do you need to make to step back into it? Leave a comment below and let me know what you’re going to do to shift your situation.

This entry was posted in Goals + Dreams, Intuition, LOVE Your Life

9 Responses to Where Are You Blocking The Flow?

1. Brandee says:

I cannot tell you how much i needed to hear this right now. I have been struggling with a decision to move to L.A. I have been fearful but now have decided to take the leap and try! This is what i needed and I thank you and God for presenting this article at the right time. I will be taking this leap and moving, the plan is in motion. :)

• Stephenie Zamora says:

Glad to hear it was helpful Brandee!! How exciting about your move to LA. Trust yourself, if it’s what’s next for you… it will be amazing. :)

• Brandee says:

I am trusting myself! As well as in God. Alot of your messages go hand in hand with my church and bible studies. Thank you for this encouragement to trust and take the leap! :)

2. Sunny says:

Wonderful, you always encourage me to do what am planning to do. As if you in my mind. Infact, you are the greatest i ve ever see, thanks alot.

3. Pingback: Why The Universe Keeps Giving You What You DON'T Want | Stephenie Zamora

4. Natasha says:

I have certainly made decisions in the past that have blocked the flow and sent me off track and eventually made me miserable. Since about 4 years ago I had no choice but to work on the blocks and looking for ways to step back into the flow. It has been an uncomfortable journey, I confronted a lot of my fears, felt vulnerable, angry — you name it. To the best of my ability I tried to avoid making new decisions based on fear and creating new blocks. But the old blocks are not all yet gone–I feel them sometimes right in the centre of my chest and I can vaguely connect them to my current job search. I am not sure about the right job for me, I am telling myself, but then there is a part of me that knows what I want but is scared to admit it. I fear failure, I fear returning mental exhaustion and associated depression–most of which was their probably because of the fearful decisions I made in the past. So I am struggling to come out of this circle and trust my intuition, stay with what my gut feeling is telling me is right for me and put the fears aside… It’s hard, so thank you for your article, it provide the support I need so much right now.

• Stephenie Zamora says:

I’m so glad to hear this post resonated with you and provided some support as you move forward on your journey. So much love to you! xo

5. Lindsay says:

I feel like I’m blocked but I can’t figure out what I need to do to unblock it. most of my instincts are telling me to do stuff way far out there that I can’t even conceive on how to make it happen.

6. Lisa says:

I don’t know if I am blocked or not! I have two different responses to a request I put out two weeks ago. I am unsure which is correct or which is my intuition or which is the voice of doubt